Power Tool For Marriage
One of the most powerful tools that God has given us to use
in our marriage is overlooked by many couples.
The power tool I’m talking about is prayer. Prayer and Marriage are uniquely related so it’s wise to invest time together in prayer. When you pray together you are in God’s presence. When you and your spouse prayer together, your perspective changes as you both are looking to God instead looking at yourselves. But finding the time to pray can be a challenge.
Bill and I have had to overcome hindrances to praying together. So here are some of th things we have learned to help you get started.
- Do not wait for your spouse to come to you to ask to prayer together. Instead, go to them.
- Clear the air before you pray. It’s important that you remove any conflicts before you begin.
- Keep it natural. In other words, let your guard down and pray from your heart. Don’t worry about trying to sound professional or even knowledgeable. Just pray.
- Pray conversationally, just as you would if you were simply just talking.
- This is the most important lession I have learned thus far.. Do Not Preach. Resist the temptation to use this time to be your spouse’s Holy Spirit. Let the Holy Spirit do what He does best and you pray.
- And Lastly, Don’t limit your prayer time. Pray until you both feel released.
Has God been stirring your heart to ask your spouse to pray with you? Why not start today. Today is great day to begin a new thing.
Join the mailing list
and receive access to my library of FREE resources and book recommendations.
You'll also receive the latest posts and news!